What Should I Ask My Family Lawyer?
Facing family law matters can be an emotionally taxing, overwhelming experience. The great news is that you do not have to face them alone. Retaining an experienced divorce and family law attorney will get you on the right track to achieving the family life that you want. Common questions to discuss with your divorce lawyer include:
- How will the court determine child custody?
- What if I get remarried? Will my new spouse’s income affect child support or spousal support?
- Will the court consider my child’s preference of where she says she wants to live?
- Where will the children live during the family law litigation?
- What legal rights do I have to my stepchildren?
- What is the legal difference between adopted children and biological children?
- What if the surrogate mother wants visitation?
- What is the likelihood that as a father, I will receive primary custody?
- How much spousal support will I obtain?
- How will we find out if my spouse is hiding income in off-shore accounts?
- What if the custodial parent moves out of state?
- How can I stop the custodial parent from leaving the country with the kids without my permission?
During an initial consultation with M.C. Thomas & Associates, our divorce attorneys will address any of these questions and more. Always remember, you do not have to face this alone. Please contact our firm, conveniently located in Tysons Corner/McLean,Virginia, Montgomery County, Maryland and Washington, D.C. to schedule a consultation.